06 Listen to someone who's been there
Meet people who have completed their education and gone on to make money and do meaningful work. Get inspired and find someone you relate to. When you find a story that resonates with you, follow that person in your social media networks. One incredible person will lead to another. The more people you see living their dreams, the easier it will be for you to believe that you can too.
- For students in the Faculty of Arts & Science, the Backpack to Briefcase program provides connections with alumni through panels, networking events and mentorship meals.
- Take a look at the U of T Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees for alumni from your program or with an interesting career path. Set up your profile and start searching for other U of T members that you want to connect with.
- Check out Career Navigator to see career stories of alumni from your program.
- Join the Job Shadowing program for half day to five day job shadowing program for an immersive experience in the workplace.
- Check out the Mentorship database to chat with peers with diverse experiences.
- Use LinkedIn to find leaders in your ideal career and learn lessons they share. Try the LinkedIn Lab for help getting started.
Visit Career Exploration & Education and meet with us for a 15-minute conversation to talk about your next step(s). Find our hours here.