14 Imagine entrepreneurship
While considering career questions you should also consider if a DIY approach is for you. The most meaningful work you can do might be found while working for yourself. Exploring entrepreneurship can broaden your sense of possibility, whether or not you intend to start a business.
- Attend an Exploring Entrepreneurship workshop to understand the entrepreneurial mindset and find entrepreneurial traits within your own career path.
- Take advantage of online resources including a collection of ebooks about entrepreneurship or ebooks about work that makes a social impact.
- U of T has their own entrepreneurship librarian, whose research guide introduces basic entrepreneurship concepts and resources.
- If after exploring the entrepreneurial mindset you are excited by this career direction, connect with U of T’s entrepreneur community at the Banting and Best Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Attend Start-up fairs like the one at MaRS Discovery District. A list of them can be found at StartUp HERE Toronto.
- Find an entrepreneur on the U of T Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees and set up an informational meeting with them.
Visit Career Exploration & Education and meet with us for a 15-minute conversation to talk about your next step(s). Find our hours here.