03 Get real about salaries
Thinking about money is only scary when you don’t have all the information. This task is simply about gathering and analyzing salary information. You don’t have to make judgments, changes or decisions, just do the following:
- Choose a job title or location on the Canada Job Bank website to learn about the average hourly wage, employment outlook, and education and job requirements for careers that look interesting.
- Login to Career Cruising to explore salaries, job descriptions and education requirements in more detail.
- Think about how much you spend per month and what type of hours of work align with your expectations for your working life. Use these tools to explore careers until you come up with options that align with your expectations.
- Check Glassdoor for reviews and salaries of specific companies.
- Visit Career Navigator to find out your program's average starting salary.
Visit the Career Centre and meet with us for a 15-minute conversation to talk about your next step(s). Find our hours here.