19 Create your application action plan
- Use the Assignment Calculator to create a checklist of graduate school application steps and required materials. Enter the recommended dates into your calendar and refer to your checklist often to stay on track.
- Attend the Further Education – Applications workshop to explore where to find the information you need to confidently complete the graduate school application process.
- Watch the Personal Statement instructional video to understand the major building blocks of a personal statement or application essay.
- Once you have a draft, attend a Personal Statements workshop to refine your writing with your peers.
- Visit your campus or college Writing Centre for a one-one-one review with a writing instructor.
- Consider booking a 1:1 review with Career Educators.
- Attend Further Education Week events in October.
- Watch for dates for a Career Exploration & Education Personal Statement Blitz.
Providing examples of your experience in research can be beneficial to an application. When applying to both graduate studies and professional roles, showing that your experience includes co-curricular activities can set you apart from your peers.
Visit Career Exploration & Education and meet with us for a 15-minute conversation to talk about your next step(s). Find our hours here.