30 Choose 3 events to attend
Choose three events to attend this semester. Pick a suite of events that will help you break into a new industry, support your personal development and offer you an inspiring escape.
- Keep on eye on the Career Exploration & Education calendar for information sessions and industry panels. Learn if an industry is right for you by interacting with those who are currently working in it and make valuable connections.
- For Arts & Science students, attend Backpack to Briefcase (b2B) events. The b2B program provides opportunities for you to discuss your education in a broader context – opening discussions with alumni, faculty members, staff and peers about your life after graduation. Alumni are invited to meet with students and offer encouragement and career advice as you embark on a new stage of your life.
- Attend Dinner with 12 Strangers, a dinner or event hosted by alumni with other U of T students and graduates from a variety of faculties, colleges and programs.
- Hart House events bring together diverse students from across the University, and you may meet someone in a related field with new perspectives.
- For Engineering students, try the iLead program.
- Check out events for your program. Look for student councils or course unions and listservs for your college or faculty.
- Practice your networking skills, explore different industries and participate in alumni-led panels at the Next Steps Conference.
Visit Career Exploration & Education and meet with us for a 15-minute conversation to talk about your next step(s). Find our hours here.